Comox & Courtenay Gas Fireplaces
There are some pretty great reasons why you may want to invest in a gas fireplace. The addition can increase your home’s resale value. They create some really incredible ambience in a room. Plus, they can help you lower your energy consumption. Going ventless is a great way to get that awesome gas fireplace without spending way more than your budget will allow.
The way that ventless works is pretty convenient. They use the air in the home as fuel to keep the fire going. You smell the gas when you first turn on the fireplace, but that is really the only time you smell it. They need no extra pipes or holes cut, so you save quite a bit on installation. You also don’t lose heat out the flume. You can put them literally anywhere in the house that you want. Sounds pretty perfect, except that you have to look at the downside.
All fires release some sort of gas. This gas is low levels of carbon monoxide. For most people, this is no big deal. It doesn’t affect them in any way. If your fireplace is properly maintained you may never have any trouble at all. However, there are some instances that this carbon monoxide can make people sick. They are not recommended for anyone that has any health problems. Pregnant women and small children are at a higher risk of getting sick from them.
Are you wondering if a gas fireplace is ideal for your family? Talk to a local contractor in Courtenay. They can help you weigh out all the pros and cons of a gas fireplace. A local contractor will be able to give you a better idea of the expenses that go along with a ventless or a vented fireplace. Understanding your options will help you get a clearer picture of what you need for your home.